Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hi. New to this forum thing.

2 posts in this topic

Posted

Hello fellow wonks, how are you doing?

So I've been informed fairly recently that I'm in fact a wonk when I was looking for a podcast and started listening to some of the lovely ones produced around here.

If I had to rank them, I would say that my favorite mediums of stories are books, TV shows, games and movies tied and finally comics and graphic novels (I just never got into it and they have a terrible price to entertainment value. 

Genre-wise I am firmly a fantasy reader, I love Tolkien, GMMR and Rothfuss, and I won't pass on the Dresden files (the later installments anyway), Harry Potter or a Terry Pratchett. I enjoy lots of non-fantasy books though; SF, for example, even more so if it's very heavy of the sciency or the very random (that'd be The Martian vs Hitchhiker's guide). Then I love me a good crime story, from whodunnit to scandinavian thriller. I generally have a bit of a romance aversion but there are exemptions (Outlander I'm looking at you).

So generally I really am a good match for Storywonk. It's almost a bit creepy how well it matches my tastes. I came here for Buffy, but save the marvel podcast, I knew and liked (or had already intended to read/watch) most of what is being discussed here. And next year there is going to be Lord of the Rings AND Gilmore Girls... direct quote... this is made specifically to delight me.

This forum and it's discourse is so highly praised I want to take part in it and I'm looking forward to really interesting discussion and people :).

Posted

Welcome, @Fallohide Lass - sounds like you'll fit right in here!